Serving HOA Clients Throughout Westchester County And The Lower Hudson Valley
The attorneys at Shapiro Gettinger Waldinger & Monteleone, LLP, are organized into departments based on practice areas. This enables our skilled lawyers to provide our clients with efficient and in-depth services. Where appropriate, our attorneys collaborate in teams designed to serve the client’s needs.
Our New York law firm offers high-quality services and cultivates positive and long-lasting business relationships. Our clients look to us for diligent, thorough, and thoughtful approaches to problem-solving. We advocate for our clients in the following practice areas:
- Community association law: We have a longstanding and busy practice in this complex area, representing boards of managers and directors, as well as managing agents.
- Working with the boards and managing agents: Our attorneys advise boards and managing agents confronted with the requirements of the law, as well as declarations, bylaws, rules, regulations and other requirements. We attend meetings, file and foreclose liens, collect monies, assist in the preparation of notices, and amend bylaws.
- Real estate, zoning, and land use: We represent clients looking to develop or subdivide land and obtain variances, special permits or other approvals from local boards and regulatory agencies. We work with planning professionals and understand the technical requirements that affect land development.
- Real estate transactions: We handle purchases and sales of residential and commercial real property, including office buildings and stores. We prepare and negotiate contracts; work with brokers, sellers, and purchasers; review title reports; and handle closings. We have extensive commercial and residential leasing experience, preparing, reviewing, or negotiating office, store, or business leases.
- Commercial litigation: Clients with complex commercial disputes frequently turn to our firm because we provide “big firm” quality while remaining accessible, responsive and less expensive. We represent clients in litigation of every variety, including contract, shareholder and business matters, business dissolutions, construction disputes and nonpayment disputes. We practice in all local courts, both state and federal.
- Wills, trusts and estate planning and administration: We craft wills and trusts in order to fulfill the unique and specific goals of our clients. We understand that their goals are the protection of loved ones and the minimization of taxes. Upon the client’s passing, we administer the estate, working with the executors and other fiduciaries.
- Asset preservation planning: We help preserve our clients’ assets through the use of trusts and wills. This offers security and peace of mind in the event that a client is in need of nursing home care.
- Real estate litigation: Our lawyers are experienced in real estate litigation and have been involved with numerous reported cases involving large sums of money or important legal principles. Our clients include landowners, developers, real estate investment trusts, and title insurance companies. The firm handles landlord and tenant matters, both residential and commercial, as well as foreclosures, contract disputes, boundary line disputes, easements, restrictive covenants and title claims.
- Advising corporations and businesses: We counsel entrepreneurs and business owners at the startup phase, and help them form corporations and limited liability companies. We maintain the relationship, working with them throughout the life of their business, providing advice and support. We also work with existing businesses, both large and small.
Experienced Mount Kisco Real Estate Law Attorney
From offices in Mount Kisco, New York, our lawyers advise and represent clients in communities throughout Westchester County and the Lower Hudson Valley. Contact us to arrange a consultation with an experienced Westchester County HOA law attorney at our firm today.