Westchester County Real Estate Litigation Attorneys
Real estate litigation forms a large portion of our busy litigation practice. Our attorneys have broad and deep experience successfully litigating such cases throughout their professional careers. We have tried real property cases and arbitrations and have argued appeals in many complex matters as well as matters involving large sums of money.
Hire An Experienced Real Estate Litigation Attorney
The attorneys of Gettinger Waldinger & Monteleone, LLP, are recognized for experience and knowledge of real estate litigation and dispute resolution. Mona D. Shapiro, who manages the litigation practice group, began her career in a New York City real estate law firm where she represented landlords, commercial tenants, and landowners. Now practicing with the firm in Westchester County for more than 25 years, she developed the firm’s real estate litigation practice and acquired a reputation for wide-ranging knowledge of the field, skillful strategizing and tough-minded practicality.
Because of their skills, Ms. Shapiro and Steven Waldinger, our other litigator, have attracted and represented sophisticated real estate clients. They have more than 60 published cases, many of which involved real property issues. Clients can receive, at a more reasonable cost, the same quality of service and sophisticated legal knowledge available in a big city, while enjoying easy accessibility to our lawyers.
Real estate litigation is a complex field that encompasses many types of cases involving the ownership or leasing of real property. Real estate litigation cases may result from a contract dispute, including a landlord-tenant dispute, that requires an ability to interpret the meaning of the contract and understand the applicable law. Our clients rely on our analytical skills and practical advice.
Among the types of real estate litigation matters we handle:
- Contract disputes involving contracts to purchase, sell or lease real property, escrow agreements, easements, licenses, and restrictive covenants
- Landlord and tenant matters, including commercial office and store leases, ground leases, residential home leases, evictions, and dispossess proceedings (Read about one of our representative commercial lease dispute cases.)
- Title issues, including the defense of title claims
- Boundary line disputes, disputes between neighbors, and adverse possession
- Mortgages, including foreclosures and defense of foreclosures, defaults, and interpretation of notes and mortgages
- Construction disputes involving residences, office buildings, and shopping centers
- Mechanic’s liens litigation, including foreclosures and defense of foreclosures
- Community association disputes, including homeowners associations, cooperative corporations, and condominium matters involving the Condominium Act, the business judgment rule, declarations, bylaws, rules, and regulations
- Zoning and land use proceedings under Article 78 of the Civil Practice Law and Rules
Mount Kisco Contract Dispute Lawyer For Real Estate Litigation
From offices in Mount Kisco, New York, our lawyers advise and represent clients in communities throughout Westchester County and the Lower Hudson Valley. Contact us to arrange a consultation with an experienced Westchester County real estate litigation attorney at our firm today.