Our litigation team’s aggressive defense strategy in filing a pre-answer motion to dismiss proved successful when the Court dismissed the action brought against their clients in a dispute involving members of Condo and HOA Board Members. This case is a reminder that all Condo and HOA Board Members must follow the notice guidelines stated in By-Laws/Declaration when scheduling a board meeting or risk that any action taken at an improperly noticed Board meeting will be invalidated. (Westchester County). The order is available here.
To The Community
- Do you have to pay your parents’ debts when they die?
- Does New York require a real estate attorney when closing on a house?
- Crucial considerations when deciding your business structure
- Why New Yorkers should know about the estate tax cliff
- Should you consider leaving unequal bequests to your children?