To The Community
- Trusts and Estates
- Land Use
- Corporate/Commercial Transactions
- Real Estate Transactions
Charles Banks maintains an active trusts and estates, real estate transactions and land use, and corporate and commercial transactions practice. He assists clients with estate planning and preparation of wills and trusts, handles house closings and zoning and planning matters, including making appearances before local agencies and legislative bodies, and advises a variety of businesses.
Mr. Banks also represents not-for-profit and religious entities, and has been a Vice Chancellor of two Dioceses in the Episcopal Church since 1995. He has given lectures in matters relating to ecclesiastical discipline and has performed the role of judge in ecclesiastical trials.
Mr. Banks was admitted to practice in New York in 1966 and, in 2010, in Pennsylvania. He received his BA degree from Yale University and his law degree from Columbia Law School. He was an infantry officer in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1959 through 1963, served two terms as Town Supervisor of the Town of New Castle in the early 1980's, and was elected for four terms as Town Justice of the Town of Bedford. Mr. Banks is a member of the New York and Northern Westchester Bar Associations, and served as President of the Northern Westchester Bar Association.
Mr. Banks merged his individual practice with our firm in 1979, and was previously associated with the firm of Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCoy in New York City.
- Columbia Law School, New York, New York
- LL.B. - 1966
- Yale, New Haven, Connecticut
- B.A. - 1959
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: English
- New York, 1986
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. Tax Court, 1979
- Westchester County Bar Association, 1979 to Present
- New York State Bar Association, 1980 to Present
- Vice Chancellor, Diocese of NY/Central PA, 1995 to Present
- Founding Director, Camp Fire Conservation Fund, 1978 to 1995
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy, Associate, 1966 to 1969
- U.S. Marine Corps, Infantry Officer, 1959 to 1963